This is a 6-hour class that will be taught by Blockmatics, who have managed to distill six months worth of independent research into a 6-hour class.
Want to learn what blockchains are all about? From theory to implementation, this course has you covered. With hands-on exercises, understand how to reframe your service or product using a blockchain.
Blockchain technology represents a fundamental shift in how we add value to a system by removing the need for trusted third parties. This creates the opportunity to build organizations, governments, and social networks never thought of before. The Internet allowed people around the world to connect digitally. Blockchain allows people to transact and pass data back and forth in a decentralized, more transparent, more secure way.
Our graduates walk away with a solid foundation and understanding of how consensus is achieved in distributed systems, how smart contracts can facilitate automated business logic, the different types of blockchains available, and why this technology is going to disintermediate industries.
Upon completion of the course, a Certificate of Completion with your name will be published on the Ethereum Blockchain.
- Hands-on with bitcoin and wallets
- Using a blockchain explorer
- Technical overview: Hashing, Mining, Nonces and Difficulty
- Use cases of blockchains: supply chain, insurance, finance and more
- Types of blockchains: Public, Private, Hybrids
- Blockchain deficiencies
- Hands-on with blockchain products: OpenBazaar and Etherisc
- Launching your own blockchain on Microsoft Azure
- Group hands-on: Creating a blockchain service