This 2-hour workshop for developers will be conducted by Blockmatics.
Get started programming Smart Contracts on the Ethereum blockchain with this hands-on workshop.
The topic of blockchains and digital currency has exploded over the past 18 months. As proof, the total market cap for cyrptocurrencies surpassed $100 billion in July 2017. With global enterprises from Walmart to JP Morgan, IBM, Microsoft and more all getting involved, the need for experienced programmers for these veteran and newly minted companies alike is growing at an unfillable rate.
Experienced blockchain developers demand big salaries. What types of developer positions are out there? Check out this Coindesk article.
Want to get into Ethereum coding but don’t know where to start? In this workshop, you’ll learn what a smart contract is, the programming language Solidity, and then write and deploy your first smart contract.
Programming will be on a web-based IDE named Remix.
- Introduction to Ethereum and Smart Contracts
- Interactive demo of a smart contract use-case [Etherisc Insurance Dapp]
- Install and setup Metamask
- Overview of the Remix IDE
- Introduction to Solidity syntax, keywords and expressions
- Solidity features: modifiers, fallback functions, events
- Writing a lottery smart contract
- Deploying and interacting with smart contract
Requirements: Laptop, Chrome browser (with ability to install plugins).